5 Days / 4 Nights: NEW DATES May 6-10, 2018
Spend 4 nights at the remote hamlet of Corinna exploring this rugged and remote north west region of Tasmania. The autumn dates mean we will put a special emphasis on the fascinating fungi in this ancient rainforest landscape, as well as shooting some stunning rainforest and waterfalls, and remote sunsets over buttongrass moors and rugged “Roaring 40′s” coastlines.
Highlights will include:
* Two cruises on the Pieman River including the Arcadia II cruise to Pieman Heads
* Waterfalls such as Philosopher and Lovers Falls; and Nelson Falls en route from Hobart
* Sunset sessions over the buttongrass plains near Mt Donaldson and Granville Harbour (West coast)
* Night sky session under the stunning Tarkine stars
* Post processing session
Day 1: Depart Hobart Highlights: Traverse the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area, stopping at Lake St Clair, Franklin River and Nelson Falls en route to Corinna.
Day 2: Tarkine Rainforest Highlights: All day on multiple tracks around Corinna, shooting the fabulous autumn fungi and admiring beautiful green forest and waterfalls. Sunset over Mt Donaldson.
Day 3: Pieman River Cruise to Tasmania’s west coast Highlights: Half day cruise aboard the “Arcadia II” to the Pieman Heads on Tasmania’s west coast where we explore the windswept beaches. West coast sunset session near Granville Harbour.
Day 4: Lovers Falls & Donaldson River cruise; Longback sunset Highlights: Cruise on a smaller vessel that allows us to explore locations the Arcadia can’t access. Afternoon hike and sunset along the Longback track (short walk).
Day 5: Half day shoot at Philosopher Falls Highlights: Fungi and amazing myrtle rainforest along the track to Philosopher Falls. Return to Hobart around 19:00.
* Night Sky Session/s will be scheduled based on weather. Post processing schedule is also included and will be scheduled at a suitable time.
$2195.00 per person – tour will run for 3-6 participants
Includes four nights accommodation in the very cosy cabins at Corinna (twinshare cabins with two bedrooms and shared living room/bathrooms), all transport (starting & finishing Hobart), cruise fees, all meals from lunch Day 1 to lunch Day 5. Camera notes and post processing notes are also provided.
Participants will need to make their own way to/from Hobart. We can recommend/arrange accommodation in Hobart if requested (Hobart accommodation cost is not included in workshop fee).
- Camera, tripod and accessories. Don’t forget chargers and spare batteries/memory cards!
- Wet weather gear (for yourself and for your camera). Warm clothing and head-torch for the after-hours shoots.
- Comfortable hiking shoes (not sneakers).
- Water bottle/snacks for our sessions in the field.
- A full list of suggested items will be forwarded to you during the booking process.
Sunset is approx 17:20 in early May.
We will only undertake short hikes, although care will need to be taken as most tracks in the Tarkine are not maintained to the same standard as other tracks you may have walked in National Parks. The Philosopher Falls track is very good, but likely to be wet and perhaps muddy in places. The walk is a gradual descent but there is a very steep set of stairs at the end.
Corinna is very remote and there is no mobile phone/internet reception, nor phones in the cabins.
The cruises are run by Corinna’s own professional and experienced staff. Please follow all safety advice issued by cruise staff.
** Please take all care and responsibility for your own equipment while outdoors **
The Tarkine is an area of rainforest in north west Tasmania which means some rain is very likely. Please check the Zeehan weather forecast before the tour departs for an idea on what to expect. A raincoat and rain pants should be considered essential, as well as lots of warm clothing including thermal layers and possibly a down jacket for extra comfort – particularly at night. An umbrella can be a useful piece of equipment too, especially if you enjoy macro photography.
For further information please contact me.
To go ahead and book a place click here (register using “Google Forms”, no payment required at this stage)